Charging stations for Tesla
Everyone has long been familiar with cars with internal combustion engines. They are always chased by loud noises, exhaust fumes, etc. But in the world, for a long time, some cars have met modern requirements. These are Tesla electric cars. Cars with electric motors have a battery instead of a tank. Such a machine is several times quieter than a conventional one. The absence of exhaust gases makes it completely safe for the environment. But, like all other devices with batteries, it needs to be charged. Here you will need a Tesla charger.
The charging station for Tesla is a modern gas station for eco-cars. The first electric cars were produced under this logo. Great experience and rapid brand growth do not give competitors any chance. Charging stations for Tesla are sold all over the world, have a large number of varieties, and support modern technologies. Each has the right qualities, ranging from charging speed to all-important security.
Charging station selection: equipment categories
Before buying a Tesla charger, you need to understand exactly what functions it should perform.
In terms of power and load, stations are classified into the following categories:
- Home. They have power from 5 to 44 kW. The number of ports is from 1 to 2. Mostly wall mounts. Voltage from 220 or 380 V (1 or 3 phases).
- Commercial. Power from 7 to 300 kW, number of ports from 1 to 3. Both wall and floor mounts. Voltage 220 or 380 volts. Additional features include port balancing, Ethernet (LAN), OSPP 1.6, and others.
- High-speed DC. Power from 30 to 300 kW, number of ports from 2 to 3. Both wall and floor mounting. Voltage is only 380 V (3 phases). Additional options are the same as commercial ones.
The category names are self-descriptive. Home charging stations do not have a high capacity, so a full charge will take longer. In turn, high-speed ones are powerful enough and designed for many cars. A commercial Tesla electric car charging station is a cross between home and high-speed.
Features of connection slots
When buying, it is important to consider that the charging ports for American and European cars are different. Differences appeared due to different network capacities. In the US, it is 110-120 V, and in Europe, 220-240 V. Today, the list of popular slots is as follows:
- Type 1 (J1777) - US connector. Slow AC charging.
- Type 2 (Mennekes) - Europe connector. Slow AC charging.
- CCS Combo Type 1 - USA, combined charger (DC and AC current).
- CCS Combo Type 2 - Europe, combined current.
- CHAdeMO is a slot for high-speed DC.
If your Tesla charging station has the wrong type of connector, no problem; there are adapters. Among the most used:
- From Type Tesla to Type 1. It is used for normal (slow) charging, considered the most popular and common.
- From Type Tesla to CHAdeMO. Used for fast charging at speeds from 20 to 50 kWh.
- From Type Tesla and Type 2 to Tesla Supercharger. The cable is relevant in case of long trips around Europe using Tesla Supercharger charging.
Charging installation right at your home
Drivers of electric vehicles sometimes need help charging their vehicles on the road. Eco-gas stations are developing at high speed but are often located near recreation areas, shopping and entertainment centers, and business facilities. This is very handy if you're visiting for a service or holiday event and your car has several hours to recharge from a stationary charger.
But when the car is used on weekdays, it requires mandatory daily charging, so it is inconvenient to go to the mall. Therefore, installing a charger for Tesla electric vehicles at home is possible. When buying a charging station, the First National Network of TOKA charging stations offers the possibility of high-quality installation in a private house, parking lot, or even a garage.
Buying a Quality Tesla Charger
When buying a Tesla charger, consider quality, price, customer reviews, and, most importantly, safety. The TOKA network offers fast charging stations for electric vehicles. More than 32,000 customers and 500 charging ports, over 800,000 charged cars, Microsoft Azure data protection, extensive experience, and 24/7 support - you will find it all at TOKA. We are a responsible company that guarantees safety and quality.