Charging stations for Nissan Leaf
The Nissan Leaf is an electric car that can travel up to 270 km on a single charge in a combined cycle (city + highway) and up to 389 km in a city cycle. This is a fairly large distance in both cases. To fully charge this car, you will need a Nissan Leaf charger.
Nissan Leaf Charging Options
There are 2 eco-refueling options:
- Fast charging (480V) on the go. Currently, such publicly accessible stations are located throughout Ukraine. The recharge time from 20% to 80% takes only 60 minutes.
- Charging with AC (220V) on the road, office, or at home. Using the Nissan Leaf charger in your parking lot, if you have 32A, you must wait 7 hours and 30 minutes for a full charge.
But keep in mind that many other factors affect charging time:
- charging type;
- charger status;
- battery temperature;
- the ambient temperature at the place of use.
All this directly affects the charging speed of the car. Therefore, it is most convenient to have your own charging station.
Differences, types, and purposes of chargers
Having your own Nissan Leaf charger saves you time and money. Also, having your own charging, you gain independence from public charging stations. This is a very convenient solution for using the car on weekdays.
Let's analyze the categories of these devices:
- The home charging station for Nissan Leaf has a capacity of 5 kW to 44 kW; there are options with two and one ports mounted on the wall. Supported voltage can be 220V (1 phase) or 380V (3 phase). Such chargers do not have any additional functions.
- High-speed DCs have a power of at least 30 kW and reach up to 300 kW, containing 2 to 3 ports; the main mount is floor-mounted, but there are also wall-mounted options. The voltage is only three-phase - 380 volts. They support additional functions - power balancing between ports, 3G modem, phone application, etc.
- Commercial charger for Nissan Leaf. There are options with a minimum power of 5 kW and a rather high one - up to 300 kW. The possible number of ports is from 1 to 3. They are attached to the wall and the floor; they support both types of voltage. They also have additional features.
Choosing a charger for a Nissan electric car should be based on specific needs. The home station is installed in a parking lot, garage, or private property. Designed for a small number of cars, charges for a long time.
High-speed charging is designed for travel and quickly replenishes the charge. This time is enough for a small snack and coffee.
Commercial options are used in recreation areas, parking lots, and business centers. Such devices can quickly charge a large number of cars.
It is also important to consider the cabling system. The connector type determines whether you need an adapter to charge your car. Slots are labeled Type 1 (J1777), Type 2 (Mennekes), CCS Combo Type 1 and 2, CHAdeMO.
Purchase and installation of charging for Nissan Leaf
Buying a charging station for Nissan Leaf is not a problem. A more difficult task will be the choice of a company that can do its job well. TOKA - The First National Network of Electric Filling Complexes guarantees the precise fulfillment of the tasks set. It boasts many positive reviews from over 32,000 customers, experienced since 2014. The company provides 24/7 support, Microsoft Azure data protection, and other benefits. Also, when buying a charging station, the company offers its services in the installation. Charge your own car quickly and safely!